Palak Panner Recipe
Ingredients: For Palak Puree
Palak/Spinach – 1 bunch
Frying Paneer (Optional)
Ghee – 1 tsp
Paneer – 200 gms
For Palak curry
Ghee – 2 tsp
Piece of Cinnamon
Bay leaf – 2 nos
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 2 nos chopped
Green chilli – 2 nos chopped
Piece of Ginger chopped & pound
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Garam Masala powder – 1/4 tsp
Few Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi)
Salt to taste
Sugar – 1/4 tsp
Cream – 2 tsp
1. Boil water in a deep pan
2. Add the Palak, close the lid & cook for 5 minutes
3. Once cooked, starin & let it cool
4. Blend the Palak. Add a little Water while grinding.
5. Heat ghee in a sauce pan & shallow fry the Paneer pieces & keep aside. This step is an optional.
6. To the same sauce pan add 2 tsp ghee, a piece of Cinnamon, Bay leaf, 1/4 tsp ofCumin seeds.
7. Add the Onions, Green chillies, Ginger & 1/2 tsp of Turmeric powder
8. Add the Palak puree & mix well
9. Add Garam masala powder, Few Dried Fenugreek leaves (Kasuri Methi), Salt, Sugar & mix well
10. Close the pan & cook in simmer for 10 minutes
11. Add the shallow fried Paneer & mix gently
12. Close & cook for another 5 minutes.
13. Garnish it with fresh Cream & serve with any Roti or Naan.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.