Appam / Dosa Batter
Gram Dal – 1 tsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Mustard- 1/2 tsp
Cumin – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1/2 cup(chopped)
Green Chili – 2 nos(chopped)
Ginger – 1 piece(chopped)
Beans – 1/2 cup(chopped)
Carrot – 1 nos(grated)
1. Heat a pan with some oil and add split gram dal, urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and asafoetida
2. After the mustard seeds crackle, add onions, green chilies, ginger
3. Saute it for about 2 minutes
4. Add finely chopped beans and carrots and Curry leaves and coriander leaves
5. Saute it till they become soft
6. Season it with some salt and mix it well. Turn off the stove and keep this aside
7. Take some appam or dosa batter in a bowl and add the cooked mixed vegetable mixture into it
8. Heat the paniyaram skillet and pour some oil into the moulds
9. After the paniyaram skillet is heated, add the paniyaram batter into the moulds
10. Cook it evenly on both sides till you get a golden brown color on the outside
11. Vegetable paniyaram is ready to be served hot with some chutney or sambar.
Sweet Rava Panniyaram
Rava/Sooji – 1 cup
Water – 1 cup
Grated Coconut – 1 cup
Sugar – 3/4 cup
Salt – 1/4 Tsp
Cardamom powder – 1 Tsp
Take 1 cup of rava and 1 cup of water to it
Mix well and let it sit for about 30 mins
Heat a pan with some ghee add some cashews and roast them
Also add some raisins and roast them along
Next add grated coconut and roast it
After you have roasted everything, set it aside
Take the soaked rava, add salt, sugar, cardamom powder and the roasted ingredients
Mix well and add some water to dilute the batter
Heat the paniyaram skillet and pour some ghee into it
Add some batter into the paniyaram moulds and roast them on both sides till they are golden brown in color
Serve the Rava Paniyarams warm.
Egg Bites |Muttai Paniyaram | Egg Paniyaram
Egg – 4 nos
Pepper – 1/2 Tsp
Onion – 1 no. chopped
Tomato – 1 no. finely chopped
Green chili – 1 no. (optional)
1. In a mixing bowl crack open the eggs and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk the eggs gently.
3. Now add the finely chopped onion, finely chopped tomato, chopped green chili (optional), finely grated carrot, finely grated cabbage, chopped coriander leaves and mix it well.
4. For Egg bites, I am using Unniyappa Chatti/Paniyaram Pan/kallu. Add oil and coat it well.
5. Pour the egg mix fill it 3/4th. Cook it on medium flame.
6. Once it cooked on side flip it over and cook on other side.
7. If its cooked on both sides remove it & serve hot.
#VegPaniyaram #RavaPanniyaram #EggBites
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.