Bored of the regular chutneys?? Peanut Chutney is a simple and delicious recipe which tastes good with Idlies and Dosas.
Peanuts – 3/4 cup
fresh grated Coconut – 1/2 cup
A small piece of Tamarind
Red chilli – 3 nos
Oil – 2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Urad Dal – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder – 1/2 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Dry roast the Peanuts & keep aside.
2. Add the fresh grated Coconut
3. Add the Red chillies & Tamarind piece
4. Dry roast for a minute
5. Add the roasted coconut to the roasted peanut.
6. Add the rock salt
7. Grind the mix in to a paste (add few tsp of water if needed)
8. Heat oil in a pan
9. Add mustard seeds, urad dhal and cumin seeds
10. Once the mustard start splattering add the asafoetida powder
11. Turn off the stove and add the curry leaves
12. Add the roasted ingredients to the chutney. Its done!
Mix, serve and enjoy 🙂
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.