Tomato – 4
Tamarind puree – 1 cup
Sambar/Rasam powder – 2 tsp
Pepper – 2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee – 2 tbsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Cook tomatoes in a huge pot and add salt to it.
2. Once they are half-cooked, add tamarind puree, pour some water and add a tsp of sambar/rasam powder.
3. Let it boil for a few minutes and then add some pound pepper and cumin seeds. Let it boil for a few more minutes.
4. For tempering, Add mustard to some ghee. Once they start splattering add curry leaves and pour this tempering into the rasam & mix it.
5. Turn off the stove, Pepper rasam is ready to serve.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.