Ash Gourd Curry (Poosanikai Kootu)
Buy Copper Bucket: https://goo.gl/i7Zxry
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Mustard seed – 1/4 tsp
Urad dal – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Red chili – 1 no.
Onion – 2 nos thinly sliced
Green chili – 1 no.
Few Curry leaves
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chili powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Pound (Ginger and Garlic)
Moong Dal – 1/4 cup (soaked 1 hour) [Buy: https://goo.gl/Ab39sA]
Asafoetida powder – 1/2 tsp
Water – 2 cups
Coriander powder – 1/4 tsp
Chopped Coriander leaves
1. Soak the moong dal for 1 hour.
2. Cut poosanikai/ash gourd into cubes (remove seeds).
3. Heat oil in a kadai. Add ingredients for tempering add mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds and red chili.
4. Once mustard seeds starts splattering add onions, green chili and curry leaves.
5. Saute till onion turns brown color.
6. Now add turmeric powder, chili powder, salt and mix well.
7. Add the pounded ginger, garlic and mix well.
8. Then add the soaked moong dal, water and cook till the poosanikai/ash gourd is cooked.
9. Finally add coriander powder for flavoring and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves.
10. Ash Gourd Curry (Poosanikai Kootu) is ready serve hot with rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.