Paratha, originally a fried north Indian dish, is a common favourite of every Indian, be they a north or south camper! And, of course, like every other dish, they come in various varieties, like Aloo Paratha, Gobi Paratha, etc. Today, we are gonna see a simple recipe on how to make a Pumpkin Paratha. Many believe this dish to be difficult and complex to prepare. It is even believed that only professional and experts can prepare this dish flawlessly. Yet, this is just a belief. This dish, on the other hand, is one of the easiest dishes to prepare once you know the proper method. Here is the recipe, broken down into a few simple steps for you to master the dish easily and effortlessly.
Pumpkin – 1 cup finely grated
Wheat flour/Atta – 2 cups
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
Chili powder – 1/2 Tsp
Cumin powder – 1/2 Tsp
Ajwain/Carom seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Green chilli – 1 no. chopped
Few chopped Coriander leaves
Serve with Pickle or Raita
1. Take a pumpkin, remove the seeds and peel off the skin. Grate the pumpkin.
2. In a large mixing bowl, take some wheat flour, salt, turmeric powder, chilli powder, carom seeds, chopped green chilli, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves and the grated pumpkin.
3. Mix well using your hands without adding any water. Keep mixing with your hands until it forms a nice dough.
4. Let the dough sit for 10 minutes. Then, make small balls from the dough.
5. Sprinkle some wheat flour on a flat surface.
6. Place a dough ball on the surface and flatten it out using a roti roller.
7. Tawa fry the rolled out dough on both sides by drizzling some ghee on it.
8. Finally, serve hot with some spicy pickle or chilled raita.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.