Tomato puree – 1 cup
Pounded Ginger, Garlic & Green chili
Onion – 1 no. finely chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
Kashmiri Chili powder – 2 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
Garam Masala – 1 Tsp
Amchur powder – 1 Tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Sugar – 1 Tsp
Butter – 1 Tbsp
Salt to taste
1. Pressure cook the dal till it is soft and keep it aside.
2. Heat some butter in a pan and add cumin seeds, pounded green chili, ginger, garlic and onions
3. Saute the onions till they are golden brown and add turmeric powder, chili powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and garam masala
4. Mix well and add the tomato puree and cook it for about 7 minutes
5. Add the cooked rajma beans and add some water and amchur powder and cook it for about 10 minutes
6. Add a teaspoon of sugar to balance out the flavors and finally add kasuri methi
7. Rajma masala is ready to be served hot with some Jeera Rice or Ghee Rice
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.