Red bean curry is a popular North Indian curry thats eaten with rice or indian breads. Hema Subramanian shows us how to make this delicious dish in the simplest way.
• Red beans (Soaked and pressure cooked)
• 2 Celeries (Chopped)
• 1 cup Tomato puree
• 1 medium sized onion (Chopped)
• Garlic (Chopped)
• Bell pepper (Chopped)
• Pepper powder
• Cumin powder
• Paprika powder
• Salt to taste
TOTAL TIME: 1 Hour
PREPARATION TIME: 40 minutes
COOKING TIME: 20 minutes
1. Pour about 3 tsp oil to a pan and add onions, followed by garlic, capsicum and celery. Sauté the vegetables.
2. To season the vegetables add all the spice powders: salt, 1 tsp paprika powder, 1 tsp pepper, 1 tsp cumin powder. Mix it well.
3. Add the soaked beans to the sautéed vegetables. (Do not pour away the stalk water; it makes the gravy taste better). Pour in the tomato puree.
4. Pour 1 cup of water and let it simmer for about 10 to 15 minutes.
Serve the tangy Red bean curry with steaming white rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.