Red Bean Pulav
Red bean coooked – 200gms
Basmati rice – 2 cups (400gms)
Tomatoes – 2 chopped
Onions – 3 chopped
Green chills – 2 nos.
Coconut milk – 1/2 cup
Tomato puree – 1/2 cup
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Ginger & garlic paste -1 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Coriander powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Cinnamon stick – 1 no.
Cloves – 4 nos.
Cardamom – 4 nos.
Bay leaves – 1 no.
Water – 1 cup
1. Pressure cook red beans and keep them separately in a bowl.
2. Soak the Basmati rice for an hour.
3. Pour about 1 tsp ghee in a pressure cooker.
4. Add cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, bay leaves, onions and green chilies to it.
5. Add ginger-garlic paste only after the onion becomes golden brown in color.
6. Now add tomatoes, tomato puree, cooked beans, salt, chili powder, coriander powder, coconut milk and basmati rice.
(For 2 cups of rice, add 2 cups of water)
7. Pressure cook the above ingredients for about 1-2 whistle.
Your red bean pulav is ready to serve.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.