Cracked heels is the result of neglect and lack of moisturizing of the heels and leads to deep cuts which may become painful. Watch how you can treat cracked heel naturally using natural ingredients available in your kitchen!
• Cracked heel is the result of neglect and lack of moisturizing of the heels
• The heels develop deep cuts which may become painful
Symptoms to look for:
• Red or flaky patches on the heels are the first signs
• Cracks on skin which may bleed
• Feet expand sideways due to excessive pressure. Cracks may develop due to:
o Dry skin
o Zinc and omega-3 fatty acid deficiency
Natural home remedy using bananas:
1. Crush ripe bananas to make paste
2. Apply this paste on the cracks
3. Leave it for 10 min
4. Wash off with water
5. Do this every day
Natural home remedy using margosa leaves and turmeric powder:
1. Crush a handful of margosa leaves to make paste
2. Add 3 tsp turmeric powder
3. Mix well
4. Apply the paste on cracks
5. Leave it for 30 min
6. Wash off with water
7. Dry with a soft cloth
8. Do this twice everyday
Natural home remedy using lemon:
1. Cut a lemon into half
2. Rub the lemon on your feet
3. Squeeze the lemon and apply the juice while rubbing
4. Continue rubbing for 5 min
5. Lightly scrub feet with a loofah or soft brush
6. Wash feet with water
7. Lemon juice is mildly acidic and helps remove dead skin cells.
• Avoid wearing sandals with open backs as these facilitate sideways expansion of feet causing cracks
• Do not stand barefoot in damp areas for long time as this can make the skin dry
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.