Sooji Upma (Rava Upma) – Recipe
Ingredients: Roasted Sooji (semolina / rava) – 1 cup
Ghee – 2 tsp
Chana dal – 1/2 tsp
Urad dal – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Onion – 1 no. finely chopped
Green chilli – 2 nos sliced
A piece of Ginger chopped
*Optional – Vegetables of your choice
(Few peas, chopped beans & carrots)
Few curry leaves
Salt to taste
Water – 2 cups
1. Heat ghee in a pan
2. Add Urad dal, Chana dal, Mustard seeds & Cumin seeds.
3. Once mustard seeds starts splattering, add Onion, Green chilli, Ginger & the vegetables.
4. Add curry leaves and salt to taste
5. Add water. Mix and close the lid
6. Once the water boils, add the semolina and mix well
7. Reduce the flame and close the lid again. Let all the water gets absorbed.
Your Upma is done! Serve hot with chutney, sambar and pickle of your choice
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.