Spring Onion Poriyal Recipe
Spring Onion – 2 bunch
Besan flour – 3 tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
A few Curry leaves
Salt to taste
Oil – 1 tbsp
1. Heat oil in a wide pan, add mustard seeds & cumin seeds. Once the mustard seeds start splattering add curry leaves & spring onion. Saute it for a few minutes.
2. For Masala powder – add besan flour, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder, salt in a bowl and mix well.
3. After about 2 to 3 minutes gently sprinkle masala powder to the spring onion & stir well.
4. If adding masala powder makes it too dry, add 1 tsp oil & stir it.
5. Stir fry until the till raw smell goes. The masala has to coat the spring onions.
6. Serve it with any variety of rice or chapati.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.