SPROUTS SABZI | Main Course – Side Dish
Sprouts are considered a wonder food due to their high nutritional value. From helping in controlling the blood sugar levels to assisting in weight loss and treating hair fall, the benefits of these sprouts are plentiful! However, the sprouts sold in the marketplace are usually chemically treated and may also sometimes hold a risk of contamination. Which is why homemade sprouts are considered the most healthy sprouts. Of course, to make these sprouts even more appetizing, I use them as the main ingredient in several dishes, one of them being ‘Sprouts Sabzi’, which is a delicious bowl of gravy side dish to be had with the varieties of Indian breads!
Oil – 2 Tsp
Cumin seeds – 1 Tsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 Tsp
Chopped Ginger – 1 Tsp
Green chilli – 2 nos chopped
Onion – 2 medium sized nos chopped
Tomato – 2 nos chopped
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – 1/4 Tsp
Kashmiri Red chilli powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander powder – 1 Tsp
Cumin powder – 1 Tsp
Sprouted Moong/Green gram – 200 gms
Goda Masala powder – 2 Tsp
Lemon juice (Optional)
Green Gram Sprouts recipe – http://www.21frames.in/watch/homecooking/how-to-make-sprouts
Goda Masala Powder recipe – http://www.21frames.in/watch/homecooking/goda-masala-powder
1. Take a wide saucepan and add a little oil to it.
2. Add some cumin seeds and chopped garlic cloves, ginger, green chillies and onions. (Keep mixing as you add each ingredient)
3. Saute the ingredients until the onions turn golden-brown in colour.
4. Once the onions turn brown, add the chopped tomatoes
5. Season it with some salt, turmeric powder, Kashmiri chilli powder, coriander powder and cumin powder.
6. Once the tomatoes are mashed, add a little water and give it a quick stir.
7. Now, add the sprouted green grams.
8. Add a little more water and check the seasoning.
9. Close the pan with a lid and let it cook on a medium flame for about 10 minutes.
10. Now, add the Goda Masala powder and mix it in.
11. Let it cook for about 5 minutes.
12. Now, turn off the stove and garnish it with some fresh chopped coriander leaves.
13. Finally, you can now add a dash of lemon juice (Optional) and serve it with some hot Rotis and Chapattis.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.