Sweet Potato Parathas
Sweet Potatoes – 2 nos
(Medium sized. Boiled, peeled and cut in to small pieces)
Wheat Flour – 2 cups
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Asafoetida Powder – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 2 tsp
1. Heat oil in a pan
2. Add mustard seeds
3. Add cumin seeds and asafoetida powder when the mustard splatters
4. Add in the sweet potato pieces and saute for few seconds
5. Add salt and turmeric powder
6. Add some water and cook for a minute or two
7. Turn off the stove. Let it cool and mash the sweet potato
8. To the wheat flour add the mashed sweet potato and ghee and knead gently to a dough.
9. Make medium sized balls out of the dough and roll it flat
10. Optional: Use the lid of a container to cut perfect circle
11. Toast the paratas evenly on both sides till they turn color.
Serve it with any gravy, curry, raitha, dips or pickle as you wish 🙂
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.