Tomato Idiyappam/ Sevai
String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai – 1 pack
Onion – 2 medium chopped
Tomato – 3 medium chopped
Turmeric powder – 1/4 tsp
Sambar powder/ Red chilli powder – 2 tsp
Asafoetida powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt to taste
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Urad Dal – 1 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
A few Curry leaves
1. Cook the String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai according to the package direction. Here we cooked it in hot water for 5 minutes and strained it.
2. Take a wide pan for a good mixing, add oil and temper ingredients urad dal, cumin seeds and mustard seeds. Once the mustard seeds starts splattering add onions, asafoetida powder and a few curry leaves.
3. Once onion turns golden brown color add tomato, salt, turmeric powder and sambar powder/ red chilli powder. Mix well and cook until mushy.
4. Tomatoes are nicely mashed up now slowly add cooked String hoppers/ Idiyappam/ Sevai and start mixing it.
5. Final touch is add spoon full of ghee and mix it.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.