#AlasandaVada #sabudanavada #carrotmasalavada #vadarecipes #homecooking
Alasanda Vada (Blackeyed Beans Vada)
Blackeyed Beans – 1 cup (250 ml)
(soaked for 6 hours)
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
Salt – 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds – 1/2 tsp
Few Curry Leaves
Green Chilis – 2 nos (chopped)
Ginger – Small piece (chopped)
Onions – 1/2 cup (chopped)
Few Fresh Coriander Leaves
Oil – for Deep frying
1. Soak the blackeyed beans for 6 hours in water
2. Grind the beans to coarse mixture without adding water
3. To that add turmeric powder, salt, cumin seeds, curry leaves, green chilis, ginger, onions & coriander leaves.
4. Mix well and check for seasoning.
5. Make small patties out of the mixture and deepfry till its golden brown
6. Remove, strain and serve!
Sago Vada / Sabudana vada Recipe
Sago (Javvarisi/Sabudana) – 1 cup
Boiled Potato – 2 to 3
Roasted Peanut – 1/2 cup
Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
Ginger a piece finely chopped
Lemon – 1/2
Cumin powder – 2 tsp
A few Coriander leaves
Salt to taste
1. Soak the Sago for 2 to 3 hours. It has to be soft when we touch the sago.
2. Grind the roasted Peanuts in to fine powder.
3. Mix the boiled Potatoes, Green chilli, Ginger, Cumin powder, Salt, Sago, Peanut powder, chopped Coriander and finally squeeze Lemon juice. Gently mix them all.
4. Now heat oil in a deep fried pan.
5. Tap some water on your palm and make a small patty of the vada mixture and Deep fry till it turns golden brown.
6. Serve hot with chutney or sauce.
Carrot Masala Vada Recipe
Channa dal – 200 gms
Carrot – 2 grated
Onion – 1 chopped
A few chopped Mint leaves
A few chopped Coriander leaves
A few chopped Curry leaves
A piece of Ginger chopped
Garlic – 3 to 4 cloves chopped
Green chilli – 1 finely chopped
Cumin seeds – 1/2 tsp
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
1. Soak the Channa dal for 2 hours.
2. From the soaked channa dal, keep a handful of it aside and grind the rest. Add salt to it while grinding.
3. Heat oil for frying.
4. Add all the other ingredients to the batter and gently mix it and also add the channa dal that was kept aside.
5. Make flattened patties of the batter and deep fry it till they’re brown and crisp.
6. Serve hot with Coconut chutney.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.