Basmati Rice – 3/4 cup
Sugar – 1 cup
Cardamom Pods – 3 nos
Orange food colour – 1/4 tsp
Palkova Recipe: https://goo.gl/FFtCHc
Kala Jamun Recipe: https://goo.gl/Scm4Kj
1. Boil a pot of water and add cleaned and washed basmati rice to it
2. Add orange food coloring and cardamom pods and ghee to the rice
3. Cook the rice till it is 3/4th cooked
4. Strain the rice and keep it aside
5. Heat a kadai and add some ghee to it
6. Roast some cashew nuts, walnuts and raisins in ghee and keep it aside
7. In the same kadai, add the cooked rice, add ghee, sugar and the roasted dry fruits and nuts
8. Mix it evenly and close and cook it
9. You can either serve this hot or warm
10. Zarda / Sweet Rice is ready to be served
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.