3 Delicious Indo-Chinese Dinner Recipes
#VegFriedRice #FriedRice #Veg #chiligobi #chilligobi #gobimanchurian
Veg Fried Rice
Prep time: 15 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Number of servings: 4-5 people
Oil – 2 Tbsp
Garlic – 1 Tbsp Finely Chopped
Spring Onion Whites
Carrot – 1 No.
Cabbage – 1 Cup
Boiled Sweetcorn – 1/2 Cup
Salt – 3/4 Tsp
Light Soy Sauce – 2 Tbsp
Vinegar – 1 Tbsp
Sugar – 1/4 Tsp
Spring Onion Greens
1. Cook the rice till its 3/4th done and strain it and keep it aside
2. Heat oil and stir-fry garlic.
3. Saute onions, finely chopped vegetables on high flame
4. Add soy sauce, vinegar, sugar, pepper and salt.
5. Mix well and saute
6. Add cooked rice.
7. Mix everything until well combined
8. Add spring onion greens and turn off the stove
9. Serve the fried rice hot.
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 30 mins
Number of Servings: 4-5 persons
3-4 cups Water to boil the cauliflower
3 tsp salt
1 small Cauliflower florets / Gobi Florets
For the batter
4 tbsp Maida / Plain Flour
5 tbsp Cornflou
1 tsp salt
Water as required to make the paste
oil to deep fry
For the sauce
3 tbsp oil
1 tbsp garlic finely chopped
1 tbsp Green Chili finely chopped
1 small Onion finely chopped
salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste
2 tsp Light Soya Sauce use 1 tsp less if using dark soya sauc
2 tsp Red Chili sauce
2 tsp green chilli sauce
2 tsp Schezwan paste
Spring Onions Green finely chopped, a handful
1/2 tbsp Tomato Ketchup
1/2 cup Water to adjust the consistency
For the slurry
1 tsp Corn flour
2 tbsp Water
In a large saucepan, pour water and add the salt and the cauliflower floret. Bring the water to a boil about 3-4 minutes.
Once the water comes to a rapid boil, turn off the flame and strain the florets and keep it aside in a plate.
In a bowl combine 3 tbsp maida, 3 tbsp corn flour and salt. Start pouring water and make a thick batter little at a time.
Once everything is combined, pour water and then make the batter thinner, the initial step of making a thick batter, allows making a lump free batter.
Add the florets to the batter and then using your hands start to coat the florets really well.
Once done add about 2 tbsp of corn flour and 1 tbsp maida and continue to coat the florets with the thick batter.
In a large deep pan, heat the oil and fry the cauliflower florets in batches over medium flame, for 6 -8 minutes or until they are golden brown.
Heat a wok over high heat; pour oil in the wok starting from the sides.
Add garlic, green chillies and onions; quickly stir fry for 1 minute over a high flame.
After a minute add salt and black pepper. Followed by light soya sauce and chilli sauce, and schezwan sauce cook for 1 minute.
Now add the spring onion greens and tomato ketchup and cook everything. Pour water into the sauce.
In a small bowl combine cornflour and water to make a slurry, stir to make a paste. Add one teaspoon at a time to the Manchurian sauce and cook for 30 seconds.
Once the sauce has thickened, add the gobi florets, turn off the flame and give it a good mix and coat all the gobi florets with the sauce. Garnish with spring onions green.
Chili Tofu Gravy
Prep time – 10 mins
Cooking Time – 20 mins
Number of servings – 4 persons
Tofu – 200 Gms
Sesame Oil – 2 Tsp
Chopped Garlic – 1 Tsp
Chopped Ginger – 1 Tsp
Onion – 1 No.
Capsicum – 1/2 No.
Soy Sauce – 1 Tbsp
Red Chili Sauce – 2 Tbsp
Tomato Ketchup – 1 Tbsp
Vinegar – 1 Tsp
Red Chili Flakes – 1 Tsp
Water – 1/2 Cup
Corn Flour – 1 Tsp
Spring Onion Greens
1. Firstly, marinate the tofu pieces with red chili sauce, soy sauce, salt, and pepper
2. Marinate it for about 10 minutes
3. Once the tofu pieces are marinated, pan fry the pieces till they are golden brown in color and keep them aside
4. Heat a pan with some oil, saute ginger, garlic, onion, capsicum and spring onions
5. Add the sauces and mix well
6. Mix the cornflour in some water to make a cornflour slurry and add it to the pan
7. Add the fried tofu pieces and bring the gravy to a boil
8. Garnish it with chopped spring onion greens and serve it hot
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.