Achari Chicken Masala
Chicken – 1 Kg
Mustard Oil – 2 Tbsp
Mustard Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Fenugreek – 1/4 Tsp
Fennel Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Kalonji Seeds – 1/2 Tsp
Red Chili – 4 Nos
Onion – 2 Nos Chopped
Ginger Garlic Paste – 1 Tsp
Turmeric Powder – 1/4 Tsp
Kashmiri Chili Powder – 1 Tsp
Coriander Powder – 1 Tsp
Salt – 1 Tsp
Water – 1 1/2 Cups
Juice Of 1 Lemon
Pickle – 2 Tbsp
#AchariChickenMasala #chickenrecipe #chickengravy
1. Add 2 tbsp of mustard oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
2. Add ½ tsp of mustard seeds, a ¼ tsp of fenugreek seeds, ½ tsp of fennel seeds, ½ tsp of kalonji seeds, 4 red chilies and sort them all.
3. Now add 2 chopped onions, cook it until it turns into golden brown.
4. Add 1 tsp of ginger garlic paste, after a minute adds puree of 3 tomatoes.
5. After the tomatoes get cooked add a ¼ tsp of turmeric powder, 1 tsp of kashmiri chili powder, 1 tsp of coriander powder and add salt as desired.
6. Let all the ingredients cook well, then add 1 kg of nicely washed and cleaned chicken pieces one after the other.
7. Pour 1 ½ cup of water and lid the pan, now let the chicken cook for about 10 minutes.
8. Squeeze 1 lemon and allow it to cook for another 10 minutes with the lid closed.
9. Open the lid, let the water evaporates and the gravy gets thickens.
10. Now add 2 tbsp of pickle gravy. (any pickle gravy of your choice)
11. Let the gravy simmer for about 15 minutes.
12. Once the oil gets separated turn off the flame.
13. Serve the achari chicken gravy hot with rice or paratha of your choice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.