Ambur Chicken Biryani
Chicken – 1 Kg
Seeraga Samba Rice – 500 ml
Ghee – 3 to 4 Tsp
Oil – 1 Tbsp
(Cinnamon, Clove, Cardamom)
Onion – 3 nos thinly sliced
Ginger paste – 2 Tsp
Garlic paste – 2 Tsp
Green chili – 2 nos slit
Tomato – 3 nos chopped
Rock Salt – 2 Tsp
Turmeric powder – 1/2 Tsp
Chili powder – 3 Tsp
Hot water – 1 cup
Juice of 1 lemon
Curd – 4 Tbsp
Dough for seal
1. Soak seeraga samba rice for 20 minutes.
2. In a deep aluminum pot heat ghee, oil and add whole spices (cinnamon, clove, cardamom).
3. Add onion and saute till it turns a brown color.
4. Now add the ginger paste, garlic paste, green chili, tomato and saute for few minutes.
5. Add rock salt, turmeric powder, chili powder and mix well.
6. Add the chicken pieces and mix well the masala.
7. Add hot water, juice of 1 lemon, curd and mix well.
8. Add mint leaves and coriander leaves. Close and cook for 10 minutes.
9. For Cooking the Rice: Boil the water add rock salt and soaked seeraga samba rice.
10. Cook the rice until 3/4th done. Then strain it and keep aside.
11. Add the rice to the chicken gravy and mix well. Spread the rice evenly.
12. Finally, add ghee, mint leaves, and coriander leaves.
13. Seal the pot with dough. Dum cook for 25 minutes on medium flame.
14. After 25 minutes turn off the stove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
15. Ambur Biryani is ready. Serve hot with brinjal curry & raita.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.