Chicken Kalmi Kebab
Chicken leg – 6 no
Lemon – 1 no
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chili powder – 2 tsp
Peppercorns – 1/4 tsp
Coriander seeds – 1 tsp
Cumin powder – 1 tbsp
Cashew nuts – 10 no
Roasted Chana Dal – 1 tbsp
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tsp
Curd – 1 cup
Ghee – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 tsp
1. Take 6 legs of chicken in a glass bowl, prick the chicken pieces from all the sides with a fork.
2. For the first marinade. Add salt, juice of 1 lemon, 1/2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of chili powder into the chicken pieces. Rub it well with the chicken pieces and let this sit for 15 minutes.
3. For the second marinade. Take a wide saucepan, dry roast cinnamon, cloves, cardamom, 1/4 tsp of whole peppercorns, 1 tsp of coriander seeds, 1 tbsp of cumin seeds, 10 cashew nuts, 1 tbsp of roasted chana dal.
4. Dry roast on a medium flame for 5 minutes to golden colour. Cool the mixture and grind to the powder. Now, add 2 tsp of ginger garlic paste and 1 cup of curd and grind it all together to paste.
5. Pour the paste to marinated chicken pieces and rub it well.
6. Close the bowl with a cling wrap and refrigerate for a minimum of 4 hours or overnight (8 to 12 hours).
7. Now, take a wide saucepan, add 1 tsp of ghee and 1 tsp of oil.
8. Gently place the marinated chicken pieces into the pan. Keep the flame on low. Cook for 5 minutes and flip the legs to another side. Now, pour the marinade on chicken pieces. Close and cook for 15 to 20 minutes.
9. While it is cooking, after 7 minutes, flip it to other side and close it and cook again.
10. Slow cook the chicken for 30 minutes till it becomes dry.
Chicken Kalmi Kebab is ready to be served.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.