Hyderabadi Dum Biryani Recipe
Ingredients: For Marinating the Meat:
Mutton – 1 1/2 Kg
Ginger garlic paste – 1 1/2 tsp
Juice of 1 lemon
Turmeric powder – 1/2 tsp
Chilli powder – 2 tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Green chillies – 2 nos chopped
Yogurt/Curd – 2 tbsp
Raw Papaya paste – 5 tsp
Few Mint leaves
Few Coriander leaves
Fried Onions – 1 tbsp
Oil – 4 tbsp
Onions – 7 to 8 nos thinly sliced
Basmati Rice – 1 Kg
Salt to taste
Cooking Dum Biryani
Oil – 1 tbsp
Ghee – 3 tbsp
Whole Spices (Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom & Bay leaf)
Vessels: one large wide pot
a plate to cover – that fits the pot
a big tawa to keep the pot
Step 1: Marinating Meat
1. Mix all the ingredients & refrigerate it for minimum 12 hours.
Step 2: Frying Onions
2. Heat 4 tbsp of Oil in a pan
3. Add the thinly sliced Onions. Saute till its Crispy & brown.
Step 3: Cook the Rice
4. Soak the Rice for 30 minutes Basmati Rice – 1 Kg
5. Boil the water & add soaked rice.
6. Add Salt & Half cook the rice.
Step 4: Cooking the Dum Biryani
7. Heat the pot. Add 1 tbsp of Oil & 3 tbsp of Ghee.
8. Add the Whole Spices (Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom & Bay leaf).
9. Gently drop the Marinated Mutton pieces. Cook for about 5 minutes & turn off the stove.
10. Add few Coriander leaves & few Mint leaves.
11. Next layer it with half cooked rice & saffron milk.
12. Add the remaining rice & saffron milk.
13. Add few Coriander leaves, few Mint leaves & fried Onions.
14. Close the pot & seal it with chapati dough
15. Keep the tawa on the flame & place the pot on it.
16. Keep it in Dum for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
17. Dum Biryani is ready, remove the seal.
18. Garnish it with fried Onion & Place the Egg over the Hyderabadi Dum Biryani.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.