Here is what you’ll need!
Italian-Style Bolognese (Ragù)
1 tablespoon olive oil
50 grams butter
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 large carrot, finely diced
1 celery stalk, finely diced
100 grams pancetta, diced
200 grams lean beef, minced
150 grams lean pork, minced
200 milliliters red wine
2 tablespoons double-concentrated tomato puree
500 milliliters chicken stock
400 grams tagliatelle, cooked
Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Heat olive oil and butter in a large pan over medium heat. Add onion, carrot, celery, and pancetta. Cook for around 10 minutes until the onions start to look translucent.
2. Add the minced meats and brown all over, ensure the meat is fully broken up and no large chunks remain.
3. Increase the heat, add the wine, and allow to evaporate for around 2-3 minutes.
4. In a large jug, dilute the tomato puree into the chicken stock and add to the pan, stir well.
5. Reduce to a low heat, then cover and simmer for 2 hours. Check from time to time to ensure the sauce is not drying out. If this occurs, add a small amount of stock.
6. To serve, cook desired pasta and toss in the bolognese. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.