Keera Sambar is packed fully with fiber and nutrients. In south India this recipe is prepared often and is usually had with rice and ghee. Do try this at home and let me know how it turned out in the comments section below.
Keerai (spinach) – 1 bunch
Cooked Toor Dal – 1 cup
Shallots – 200 gms
Green chilli – 2
Sambar powder – 2 tsp
Salt to taste
Tomato – 1 chopped
Tamarind puree – 1/2 cup
Water – 1 glass
Oil – 2 tbsp
Urad Dal – 1/2 tsp
Chana Dal – 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds – 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
Asafoetida powder a pinch
A few Curry leaves
1. Pressure cook the Toor Dal & keep aside.
2. Heat Oil in a kadai. Add Urad Dal, Chana Dal, Cumin seeds & Mustard seeds.
3. Once the Mustard seeds starts splattering add a pinch of Asafoetida powder, Shallots, Green Chilli, Curry leaves & saute it for a minute.
4. Now add 2 tsp of Sambar powder, Salt & mix it well.
5. Next add the Tomatoes, Tamarind puree (Dilute it with water) & mix well.
6. Then add Keerai (spinach) & mix well.
7. Finally add the Cooked Toor Dal, a glass of Water & mix well. At this point check for seasoning.
8. Close it with lid & let it cook for about 10 minutes.
9. South Indian style Keerai Sambar (Spinach Sambar) is ready. Serve it with hot steaming Rice.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.