Mutton Yakhni Pulao – Kashmiri Yakhni Pulao Recipe
Learn how to make Mutton Yakhni Pulao , an absolutely delicious delicacy by Chef Varun Inamdar
Yakhni means mutton stock, so basically this wonderful delicacy is a perfect combination of Rice & Mutton. From the heaven of India, chef Varun brings to your kitchen Mutton Yakhni Pulao a jewel of a dish from Kashmir. So watch & learn how to make this yummy pulao only on Get Curried
– 300 gms mutton on bone
– 2 cups rice
– 1 litre water
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 1 small onion
– Salt to taste
– 1 small carrot
– 1 small potato
– ½ cup peas
– 1 tbsp garam masala powder
– 100 gms Dahi
– Mint ( Garnish)
– Slice in half a onion and ginger
– In a bowl add mutton, salt and then put the mutton in a pressure cooker along with onion and ginger and cup full of water and let it cook for 4 whistles.
– Cut some Carrots and potatoes
– In a pan add little bit of oil, a pinch of garam masala also add all the veggies which include peas, carrot , potatoes and curd.
– The mutton is cooked so add it into the pan and add little salt to it and mix well
– Add rice which is has been soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
– Cook the pulao on high flame till the water evaporates and cook it for 10 minutes on a low flame.
– Garnish the pulao with some mint leaves.
And Mutton Yakhni Pulao is ready to be served!