Learn how to make Mutton Yakhni Pulao , an absolutely delicious delicacy by Chef Varun Inamdar
Yakhni means mutton stock, so basically this wonderful delicacy is a perfect combination of Rice & Mutton. From the heaven of India, chef Varun brings to your kitchen Mutton Yakhni Pulao a jewel of a dish from Kashmir. So watch & learn how to make this yummy pulao only on Get Curried
– 300 gms mutton on bone
– 2 cups rice
– 1 litre water
– 1 tbsp ginger
– 1 small onion
– Salt to taste
– 1 small carrot
– 1 small potato
– ½ cup peas
– 1 tbsp garam masala powder
– 100 gms Dahi
– Mint ( Garnish)
– Slice in half a onion and ginger
– In a bowl add mutton, salt and then put the mutton in a pressure cooker along with onion and ginger and cup full of water and let it cook for 4 whistles.
– Cut some Carrots and potatoes
– In a pan add little bit of oil, a pinch of garam masala also add all the veggies which include peas, carrot , potatoes and curd.
– The mutton is cooked so add it into the pan and add little salt to it and mix well
– Add rice which is has been soaked in cold water for 20 minutes
– Cook the pulao on high flame till the water evaporates and cook it for 10 minutes on a low flame.
– Garnish the pulao with some mint leaves.
And Mutton Yakhni Pulao is ready to be served!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.