Peas Pulav Recipe
Ingredients: Green Peas – 1 large cup
Basmati Rice – 500 ml cup
Diluted Coconut Milk – 1 liter
Ghee – 1 tbsp
Oil – 1 tbsp
Cinnamon stick – 1 no.
A few Cloves
Cardamom pods – 3 nos
Bay leaves – 2 nos
Onions – 3 nos thinly sliced
Green chilli – 5 nos slit
Ginger & Garlic paste – 1 tsp
Salt to taste
1. In a pressure cooker, heat 1 tbsp of Ghee & 1 tbsp of Oil.
2. Add Cinnamon, Cloves, Cardamom pods & Bay leaves
3. Add the 3 nos of thinly sliced Onions & 5 nos of slit Green chilies. Saute till the onion becomes transparent.
4. Add 1 tsp of Ginger & garlic paste & 1 large cup of Peas. Mix well
5. Add Salt to taste. I am using 500ml Measuring cup.
6. Wash the 500 ml cup of Basmati Rice & add it to the mixture. Gently mix it. Ratio 1:2
7. Add 1 liter of diluted Coconut milk to rice.
8. Check for seasoning & close it.
9. Wait for the steam to come & place the weight
10. Cook in high flame for 2 whistles & turn off the stove
11. Wait till the pressure reduces & then shift to a serving container.
12. Serve hot with any side dish.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.