Learn how to make Perfect Homemade Roast Chicken, a delectable chicken recipe by Tarika Singh.
Family dinner is incomplete without the perfect juicy roast chicken. If you’re worried about how to cook the perfect roast chicken, don’t be. Food blogger Tarika Singh brings you the recipe of an absolutely succulent roast chicken. Just a couple of ingredients is all you need to make this memorable meal.
1 whole chicken (skinless)
10 small cloves of garlic (finely chopped)
2 inches of ginger
zest of half gandharaj (fragrant lime)
2 tabs of gandharaj juice
2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp. of ground pepper
1 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
2 tbsp of olive oil
zest of half Gandharaj (Fragrant lime)
half onion (finely chopped)
salt and pepper to taste (adjust to taste)
To make the marinade:
– add the chopped garlic, ginger, half of the zest of gandharaj (fragrant lime) and juice of gandharaj along with sea salt, ground pepper, red chilli powder, chilli flakes and the olive oil into the mixer and blend all the ingredients together.
– The marinade is ready.
To make the stuffing:
– In a bowl, add the chopped celery, remaining half of the gandharaj zest, onion, salt and pepper and mix all the ingredients well.
– The stuffing is ready.
To roast the chicken:
– Start with making the incisions on the chicken so the the marinade makes its way inside the chicken for good flavours. While making the incisions, make sure you make the incisions along the fibre and not against the fibre.
– Stuff the cavities with the marinade and use some to massage onto the chicken.
– Wash your hands and then stuff the cavity with the onion stuffing.
– Truss the chicken before you put it in the rotisserie. Begin with tying the legs of the chicken.
– Pre heat the rotisserie to 150 Degrees Celsius.
– Put the rotisserie rod through the chicken and screw it up tightly.
– Pit it in the rotisserie rod for about 45 – 60 minutes.
– Around the 40 minutes mark, stick the meat thermometer deep into the chicken to check the internal temperature.
– The chicken would be done once the thermometer reaches between 73 – 80 Degrees Celsius.
– Once the chicken is done, let it cool down for sometime before serving. Then pull it out of the rod and cut the string.
– Serve it on a plate of Romaine lettuce.
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.