Learn how to make Rice Payasam with chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried.
Rice Payasam is a special Kerala dessert dish/kheer made with milk & rice on festivals such as Onam, Vishu etc. So on the special occasion of Onam learn to make this sweet, rich and creamy dessert at home with chef Sneha Nair only on Get Curried.
– 1 litre of full fat milk
– ½ cup of rice ( washed and soaked )
– 12 tbsp of sugar
– 5 cardamom pods
– 2 tsp of ghee
– 10 – 15 chopped cashew nuts
– few saffron strands
– In a thick bottomed pan add milk and let it come to a full boil
– Add washed and soaked rice into the boiling milk
– Keep stirring and let it cook on low flame
– Add sugar to the payasam and keep stirring until the sugar dissolves
– Roughly crush the cardamom pods and add that to the kheer
– In a tampering pan add ghee, cashew nuts and brown the nuts.
– Pour the brown cashew nuts in to the kheer
– Add the saffron strands to the payasam
– And Rice Payasam is ready to be served.
Share this video on Facebook – http://goo.gl/DSm8CH
Tweet about it – http://goo.gl/YGzlU1
Host: Sneha Nair
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kavaldeep Singh Jangwal, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Dinesh Shetty
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Subscribe and Get regular Updates:
Subscribe to YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/user/getcurried?sub_confirmation=1
Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GetCurried
Follow us on Google+ : https://plus.google.com/+getcurried
Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/Get_Curried
Follow us on Instagram: https://instagram.com/getcurried
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.