SLOW COOKER CARNITAS
3 ½ – 4 pound boneless pork butt/shoulder, cut into six equal pieces
2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon pepper
1 tablespoon oregano
1 tablespoon cumin
8 cloves garlic, crushed
1 medium onion, quartered
3 bay leaves
1 lime, juiced
1 large orange, juiced (save the spent halves)
1. In a slow cooker, add cut pork, salt, pepper, oregano, cumin, garlic, onion, bay leaves, and lime juice. Juice the orange and add it to the cooker as well. Mix together until the meat is well-coated.
2. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until the meat pulls apart easily.
3. Remove the pork and transfer to a foil-lined baking sheet. Shred the pork and spread across the baking sheet in a single layer.
4. Pour about 1 cup of the liquid remaining in the slow cooker over the shredded pork. Broil for 5-10 minutes until the meat browns and crisps along the edges.
5. Serve immediately. Great as a filling in tacos, burritos, salads, or nachos!
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.