Unsweetened Khoya/Kova – 200 gms
Paneer – 100 gms(grated)
All Purpose Flour/Maida – 3 tbsp
Sugar – 2 cups
Cardamom Powder – 1/4 tsp
Rose Essence – 1/2 tsp
Few Strands of Saffron
Juice of 1/2 Lemon
Gulab Jamun Recipe: https://goo.gl/MkW1iU
Rasmalai Recipe: https://goo.gl/2Liwyd
1. To make the sugar syrup, dissolve the sugar in water
2. Let it boil
3. Add few drops of lemon, cardamom powder and saffron strands
4. Mix well and keep it aside
5. To make the kala jamuns, mix unsweetened khoya with grated paneer
6. Add plain flour/ maida and knead it to a soft dough (Do not over knead it)
7. Make them into round balls or into your desired shape and size
8. In a kadai, heat oil for deep-frying
9. After the oil is hot (oil should not be too hot or too cold), start adding the balls into the oil
10. Slowly fry them till they come to a rich dark brown color
11. Make sure your sugar syrup is warm enough and add the fried balls to the sugar syrup
12. Let the fried jamuns soak in the sugar syrup at least for a minimum of 2 hours before serving.
13. Kala Jamuns are ready. You can garnish it with chopped pistachios and serve them warm or chilled.
You can buy our book and classes on http://www.21frames.in/shop
Get more recipes and cooking tips
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get interesting recipes and cooking tips to your email inbox.
Thank you for subscribing.
Something went wrong.